Spire was launched in 2015 as a brand of peer-facilitated supports and resources for people with Spinal Cord Injury (SCI) to help them tackle issues of life. Spire is about supporting people to connect; network, contribute, participate and build community around life with SCI.
We bring the perspective of those with lived experience of SCI to the community; everything we do and say is informed, resourced and facilitated by people with real lived experience of SCI and what is important to them.
Spire (Spinal Injury Resource & Support Network) is coordinating a range of wheelchair sports during the event. Seven exciting games will be demonstrated over the Saturday and Sunday. All of these sports are available for people to play at a local level or at the highest level like the Paralympic Games. In fact, many of the athletes taking part are Paralympic Gold medallists.
2017 WHEELCHAIR SPORT SCHEDULE
- Wheelchair Tennis Sat 10.30 – 12pm
- Para Badminton Sat 12.30 – 2pm
- Wheelchair Basketball Sat 2.30 – 5.30pm
- Wheelchair Golf Sat 2.30 – 5.30pm
- Wheelchair Handball Sun 10.30 – 12pm
- Wheelchair Rugby Sun 12.30 – 2pm
- Wheelchair Basketball Sun 2.30 – 4pm
- Wheelchair AFL Sun 4.30 – 6pm